Thursday, November 3, 2016

Projects Update: Weeks 10 and 11

Hello all!

I am so sorry that I haven't posted for a few weeks. I am now full time, and last week was my first week teaching 4th grade Projects in the afternoon, so life has been a bit hectic.

Last week (week 10) the students finished working on their endangered species presentations, presented their plans to their classmates, took an exam, and had an informal debate about whether or not it is important to save endangered species. The students did well on their presentations and exam, and it was really fascinating and a lot of fun to have them debate (especially since they had to have evidence to support their view).

This week we started learning about genetics. So far we are just talking about the basics, but I have enjoyed watching the light-bulbs go on for your students as they realize how much our genes influence who we are. We will continue learning about genetics for the next few weeks.

I will do my best to keep up weekly with the blog so that you know what your students are doing! As always, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about your student and/or what we are learning in class, please feel free to ask! I hope you have a great weekend!

Sincerely,
Ms. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment